- March 18, 2017
- Posted by: Bunmi Eyiaro
- Category: Scholarship
The Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation (PCNAF) is offering scholarship opened to Female Nigerian students who is pursuing an undergraduate degree program at any USA university.
PCNAF will award two $2000 scholarships to promising female college students of Nigerian heritage in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with a desire to contribute to the development and prosperity of Nigeria while pursuing their undergraduate studies. The scholarship program was created in an effort to help ease the financial burden of students with outstanding academic and leadership potential that are facing difficulties securing the funds needed to complete their undergraduate studies because they have an international student visa and cannot seek outside employment to finance their education. Upon receiving their scholarships, our scholars will be expected to actively support the mission of PCNAF for at least one year by speaking to students at a local school about the girls’ education crisis in Nigeria and other developing countries: The entire world benefits when citizens in developing countries can read, write and fully participate in social and economic life. Therefore, it is important that we all help to ensure that every child receives a quality education. By doing our part to make education more accessible to children in Nigeria and other parts of the world, we help to lift the people in those nations out of poverty, which will help create a more peaceful and prosperous world for us all. Most Americans are not aware of this crisis, and how it is affecting our lives here in the U.S. The school presentations are one very important way that PCNAF helps to increase public awareness about the crisis here in America, how it is affecting the lives of people in both Nigeria and the U.S., and how we can all help to solve the
This scholarship program is sponsored by the Peace Corps Alumni Foundation
1. Applicants must be Females who are citizens of Nigeria.
2. Applicants must have an international student visa.
3. Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student at a participating institution.
University of the District of Columbia
Prince Georges Community College
Baltimore City Community College
Community College of Baltimore County
Morgan State University
Copping State University
Bowie State University
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Baltimore County
College of Southern Maryland
George Mason University
Northern Virginia Community College
4. Applicants must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
5. Applicants must have a documented need for financial assistance.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are advised to download and completely fill in the http://www.pcnaf.org/sites/default/files/documents/pcnaf_-_young_womens_scholarship_program_2017_-_application_form.pdf
The following documents are required during application:
– a completed scholarship application,
– an official academic transcript (most recent)
– the Financial Aid Worksheet
– copy of the international student visa
– a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
– a letter of recommendation from someone outside the educational institution
– responses (150- 200 words) to each of the three essay questions
- Describe your greatest academic achievements and why they are important to you.
- Identify an important educational challenge that Nigeria faces today and describe the actions that you think are needed to solve the problem.
- Discuss the reasons why you need financial aid to continue your undergraduate studies.
completed forms should be sent alongside required documents to:
Mr. Albert Hannans
Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation
Waldorf, MD 20603
28th April, 2017.
You can contact us for guide in application